Heat United & Liverpool FC International Academy Illinois
We are excited to announce some big news that we hope will net a significant benefit for the members our soccer club.
Effective today, Heat United and Liverpool FC International Academy Illinois (based primarily out of the Gilberts/Hampshire/Elgin/Dundee area) have entered into a player development partnership designed to give players from both clubs a world-class platform and pathway in youth soccer.
We will have more to share in the weeks to come and will host a town-hall meeting in August before the start of the season to get your questions answered. The link below has some finer details, but I'll highlight a few bullets here:
- This is not a formal merger, both clubs are still separate entitities with respect to business operations. But we've entered into an agreement to pool our resources (coaches, players, facilities, and curriculum) so that we can offer a development environment that exceeds what any surrounding club can offer.
- We are moving to a standardized player development curriculum which is provided directly by the Liverpool Football Club of England
- We will offer a 3rd day of training per week for those players looking to develop their maximum potential. This 3rd training day will not be required, but is available to all players.
- The Heat United Boys teams will continue to play in YSSL leagues. The LFC IA Boys teams will play in NISL leagues. The affords the ability to pool players from both clubs to fill out rosters and maintain competitive performance.
- The Girls teams from both clubs will be merged into cohesive/competitive teams for the upcoming Fall/Winter/Spring seasons. These teams will follow the Liverpool International Academy curriculum.
- Heat United and LFC IA will partner to join the summer 'Super Y' league which provides players the optional opportunity to play a competitive summer league.
- Academy-level teams will be formed in certain age groups where we have the combined talent from both clubs to assemble a top level team. These teams will play in an additional National Premier League ("NPL") during the regular season.
A lengthier version of the details along with some FAQ's are available in the following link:View PDF
We'll review the new training curriculum and answer parent questions in an August Town Hall meeting. You may also reach out to Mark or Nick for more specific questions.